Can LinkedIn really win you new clients?
Paul was asking in a LinkedIn group about ideas on how to best use LinkedIn.
Here’s what I suggested.
The challenge of using LinkedIn as a networking tool to grow your business is a complex one.
I have always found that it takes time to establish mutually beneficial commercial (and personal) relationships.
I see people looking for rapid results with LinkedIn.
I suggest to Paul try a few of these ideas:
- Focus on what you can give rather than take. What books do you suggest? Which service providers would you recommend? What did you learn this week?
- Be active with your network. Communicate ideas of value on a regular basis without becoming a stalker.
- Pick up the phone or go and have a coffee with some of your best contacts. One face to face meeting is better than 20 emails or blog posts in my opinion.
- Add your blog to your profile and blog about ideas (regularly) that would be of interest to your network.
- Think deeper rather than wider with relationships. Focus on your best 10 contacts and invest in those as opposed to having 986 fairly meaningless LinkedIn connections.
Good luck. Be patient.