How strong is your team?
There is much debate about the attributes of a high performing team. Over the years I have worked with many sporting teams and a broad variety of business units. Below are some of the traits I have noticed in the better teams I have been lucky enough to be associated with.
Take a moment to assess your team on the following criteria. Rank your team out of 10 for each one. (10 we do it all the time or it is clearly evident, 0 it never happens)
- Clarity of vision which is shared by the team members
- Strong leadership
- Very skilful members and a depth of talent
- Strong value systems that are shared by all the team members
- A culture of success
- Always looking to improve and learn from mistake
- Accepts there is no blame only reasons
- Has a strong system that does not rely on any one person
- Celebrates successes in style
- Delivers results for the people that matter
- Defends and protects each other from what they see as attacks from outside the team
- Selflessness is demonstrated by individuals
- Aware and tolerant of individual differences and personal needs and priorities
- Willingness to provide open and honest feedback for the teams benefit
- Has fun and is focused on the end result
Total score for your team? _______
From the list above select 3 criteria where your team could improve.
Together Each Achieves More